Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11th Memories

Today I would like to write about my memories of 9/11.....For my generation this is similar to the JFK assassination. I will always remember where I exactly was as I heard of the terrible news.

It was my junior year of high school and I was on my way to early morning seminary (I was in San Diego so it was sometime between 5 and 6 a.m.). The words streaming out of my radio transformed into horrible images in my mind. Was this the start of World War III? to be honest previous to that day I had never heard of the World Trade Center and was unaware of the massiveness of the buildings.

I walked into Seminary and told my teacher about what I had heard on the radio about terrorists flying into building and the carnage and chaos that resulted. I will always remember her reaction....She turned to me with a very stern face, the similar face you get from a scolding mother, and said that is not something to make a joke of. Being 15, I just looked at her and said I am not joking and then took my seat and was quiet.

After seminary I walked to school, I walked into my first period class and the T.V. was turned to CNN.  During seminary the Pentagon and other plane in P.A. had met their demise.

That entire day we did not follow lesson plans, we did not read textbooks, we did not turn in homework, we were glued to the television. The bell would ring we would move to the next class and just kept watching the horrifying images on the tube.

9/11/01...is a day I will always be able to vividly recall from the recesses of my horrible memory. I just wanted to put them into text and write about them today....



No comments: