Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cooking with Cancer...

Cooking with Cancer would be the name of my cooking TV show...I think it is clever.

Anywho, Today my buddy Shane and I got together and cooked some dinner together, because we both LOVE food, and enjoy the cooking process. So here are some pix of our cooking adventure.

We made chicken. It was seared in this pan with olive oil and a tad of butter. We then removed the chicken tossed in onion and garlic. After the onions sweated for a little we deglazed the pan with white wine and chicken stock. We then added the chicken and a few lemon juice and zest.
MMMM.....Eat your heart out Colonel Sanders

We then put Basil, arugula, pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil to make a homemade pesto. Here is the end product.
Take that Giada...

We then made homemade focaccia  Bread with basil, oregano, and rosemary. We then shredded the chicen and made a sandwich with the bread....adding pesto and more arugula to top it off.


It was Amazing.

Sorry for the low quality of pictures they were taken with my phone. But, alas the food was delicious.

Random Though Provoking Question: 

Does a fish know it is in Water?

One of my professors asks this question on a very regular basis.

ALSO I finished my second round of the new chemo regiment I am on. I return to San Diego next Thursday the 16 to have my routine 3 month scans. Let hope the drugs are still working.




2 comments:

Caroline said...

That looks yummy. My favorite way to come up with cooking ideas is to go to allrecipes.com and put in the ingredients I want to use. Last night we had pork with cooked mustard greens, cabbage, lettuce (yes I cooked ice berg lettuce), red pepper, spinach, and a few other things. It was yummy. Good luck on your scans. I am having an ultrasound Monday which I hope gives no change.

Chelsie said...

Yum, looks great. But it's a good thing you're not in cooking school, think of the things you wouldn't have learned... More than you could ever want to know about sex scandals, Norway...