Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Capital style eating....



After our 36 hour road trip we arrived in Virginia at 7 a.m. on Monday. We took short naps and then decided to go spend some time in D. C. So of course we started with eating food.

First place we ate at was called Oohhs and Aahhs Soul Food.


Here is a picture of their deep fried chicken breast with collard greens and mac and cheese.

I would give this place 4 out of 5 bald heads. 

I love the chicken, but the mac and cheese was not creamy enough for my taste. However, I highly recommend this place to any one who finds themselves hungry in Washington D.C.



Then I met this man.....my good friend Blake


He took us to an amazing place called Found Farmers (play on words remember that we are in the nation's capital).

I ordered the chicken and waffles since Blake said it was the best.


This dish was tremendous. The chicken, the waffles, the green beans were all cooked to perfection.

I would give this dish a 5 out of 5 bald heads. (my only complaint is I would have like more waffle).

But nevertheless it was great. I highly recommend this place (Thanks to Blake).

Founding Farmers will be a restaurant that I will make sure I eat at every time I am in D.C.


Now I am off to an Imagine Dragons concert! Yeah for summer and a break from the hell they call grad school!


No comments: