Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Annual Baseball Trip with Dad--Part One: Houston

Every summer my father and I go on a baseball trip. I look forward to it every year, and it is always a great time and we are slowly reaching our goal to watch a baseball game in every stadium. This summer we went to Houston and Dallas to watch baseball and eat delicious food. We grade every stadium but the architecture, design, and by the food offered at the stadium.

Houston was our first stop. We  planned it that for the two games in Houston, the Astros would be playing the Padres. Both my father and I were pleasantly surprised by Minute Maid Park in Houston. Here are a few pictures of the stadium.



The outside is very beautiful looking and it has a roof closed during the hot, humid midwest summer. They can close the roof and pump the A/C during the game.











Here is a picture looking out to right field. This was our view for the first game, and then we sat in the first row in right field for the second game. It was fabulous and as usual my father likes to talk with everyone around us. During the second game he did some friendly trash talking with the lesbian couple behind us; however, we never really went through the proper introductions, and the couple called him Padre throughout the course of the game.


Now on to the food at the ballpark. My father good BBQ Brisket Nachos, and they were DELICIOUS! They were the best nachos that both my father and I have had at a baseball stadium. It had corn, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and of course cheese. It was fantastic.

I got gourmet sliders. They were pretty solid for a hamburger. I have had better, but I have also had worse. 

Houston we have a problem and I that is all for this post.

No comments: