Thursday, July 19, 2012

JFK and hamburgers


In Dallas we ate lunch at this Chop House Burger joint in Arlington Texas. I found it on the Diners, Drive-ins, and dives list. (this is one of the first places I look when researching for good places to eat)
This place was located in a kinda run down strip mall. You would never think to stop there without the help of DDD. 

  I ordered their signature Chop House Burger. Char grilled ground beef and slow roasted brisket mixed , house made steak sauce, apple wood bacon and smoked cheddar cheese on a butter toasted bun. It was a decent burger, not my favorite or life changing, but it is a step up of any fast food restaurant. It was a good variation from the normal hamburger because of the brisket that is mixed in with it.
However, the onion rings were pretty awesome! They did not un-seed my favorite onion rings of all time, but it defiantly found a place in the top 5.


Rating: Hamburger  3.5 out of 5 bald heads......Onion rings get a 4.7 bald heads out of 5



During our time in Dallas we also visited the Book Depository....the building where Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. Since I am a history junky (this was my major before I changed to communication, and so I just got a minor in history instead). It was interesting to take the self-guided tour with headphones and learned a lot about this crazy event in our nation's history. It was fun and I am glad I can cross that of my bucket list.



It is out of the window all the way to the right and second from top that the shot were fired that killed JFK riding down the street in the forefront.

No comments: