Monday, July 16, 2012

Good 2 Go Taco

As some of your may already know I am a Food Network Junky....I got this next restaurant recommendation from Adam Gertler via the show Best Thing I Ever Ate--the episode is entitled "Hidden Treasures." (In case you would like to YouTube it and watch the segment. 

The restaurant is called Good 2 Go Taco, and its humble beginnings began in a gas station, Unfortunately it has moved locations to a new modern, hipster (no in a bad way), and bigger location to allow for a better experience for the customers. 

I orders two tacos: The Honey Bear and Paris TX



The Honey Bear

This taco starts with a flour tortilla topped with chile-honey bacon, scrambled egg, spinach, and goat cheese. This taco was very good and I am a sucker for goat cheese, but for me the bacon had too much honey on it; however, my father LOVED it and didn't think so...once again that food is like art and everyone has a different preferences and interpretations.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Bald Heads

I would have given it another half to full star if it had been more bacon taste than honey. 


Taco #2

Paris TX 

(This is the taco that was on the best thing I ever ate)

This taco is built on the same awesome flour tortilla as the previous, then grilled flank steak, egg, spinach, hash potatoes, and hollandaise. 

Rating 5 out of 5 Bald Heads

This taco was AWESOME! I crave it at least 3 mornings a week. I would contemplate moving to Dallas so that I could eat this taco everyday.


I am currently in Calgary, Canada and would love recommendations for place here, and I will be in Rhode Island and Maryland in August. Past your suggestions my way!

No comments: